Ever thought about eating caviar for breakfast with a goal to Get Lean and healthy? March is National Nutrition Month so it’s all about setting up great habits of Lean Luxury to follow every day. If you think it all sounds rather dull and boring – limp lettuce, granola that a horse wouldn’t want to eat and lots of egg white and spinach omelets – think again. It’s time to live it up with Breakfast Trays fit of a lady and get Lean at the same time.
Here’s what I do to lose weight and get Lean- some tasty and exciting breakfasts that will have you jumping out of bed in the morning, unless you are lucky enough to have someone who brings you breakfast in bed. Let’s reset and get healthy and at the same time add Lean Luxury to our lives. For me it all starts with a healthy breakfast packed full of lean protein.
Now I love cake, chocolate and cookies as much the next person and I’m a huge carb fan but everything in moderation right? And I’m planning on lots of Malibu beach time this year which means no more baggy clothes covering up all those extra layers that seem to have grown a little more than I had realized. So never fear – if you too are thinking it might be time to shed a few pounds as we shed layers of clothing and expose more skin I have a wonderful solution – Lean Luxury. Healthy eating has never been so luxurious and healthy – a treat for your eyes as well as your taste buds.
I’m a big fan of eggs for breakfast – not just because they are packed full of protein but because it’s a quick and easy way to whip up a healthy breakfast in very little time. I’m also a huge fan of adding eggs to eggs – as in topping a boiled egg with caviar – nothing like it for the most luxurious start to the day.
A week of Lean Luxury Breakfasts, as featured in the video:
Boiled egg topped with caviar
Plain non-fat Greek yogurt topped with fresh raspberries
Freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice
Poached egg on top of microgreens – add smoked salmon for that extra Lean Luxury.
Strawberries and “cream” – I used Siggi’s Strawberry yogurt topped with fresh berries
Avocado toast – I used a gluten free brown bread – feel free to top with a pouched egg and skip the toast if you are seriously low carb/high protein
Wild blueberry, raspberry and strawberry smoothie
Boiled egg with asparagus soldiers
Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
Scrambled Eggs and smoked salmon or poached egg, arugula and smoked salmon
Frozn Wild Blueberries on top of plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
Blinis, creme fraîcbe and caviar
“Bacon and Eggs” – Prosciutto, Quails eggs, Parmesan Cheese and Basil leaves – for a vegetarian alternative top avocado toast with quails eggs and caviar
You can find ideas on what props to include on your breakfast tray fit for a lady here. And please check back often as I”ll be posting my breakfasts as I go – as well as recipes and how to’s. In the meantime check out how to poach an egg, how to scramble eggs and how to boil an egg.
Ingredients for a Week of Breakfast Trays – pick and mix:
– fresh organic preferably free range farm eggs – the kind that are deep yellow almost orange.
– a small jar goes a long way – top an egg one morning, blinis another morning and quails eggs another morning
– a great addition to any breakfast – either over microgreens with a poached egg, shredded on top of a boiled egg or with scrambled eggs.
– use as soldiers for dipping into a boiled egg or top with a poached egg
– this makes eating salad for breakfast decadent and fancy
– I love this for its spicy greeness – great in smoothies but also topped with a poached egg and smoked salmon
– packed with protein and good oils – eat as avocado toast doused in Worcestershire sauce or cut into pieces and add to micro greens
– great for a quick healthy smoothie if you are really running short on time, add protein powder to really boost up the Lean Luxury
Frozen Wild Blueberries
– I always have a packet or two in the freezer – great for topping on yogurt and also good for a quick berry smoothie
Fresh strawberries and raspberries
– makes a lovely topping for yogurt – like for a healthy version of a French patisserie tart without any guilt.
– high in protein and delicious – especially if home made and then strained like I was served by John Greally in New York recently
– I love them for their pretty shells and for their miniature perfection – hard boil a box – makes a perfect protein snack
– a little goes a long way – shave on top of eggs or add to a salad
– spice it up
– a must for avocado toast
– for soldiers and avocado toast – use gluten free brown bread
– for freshly squeezed OJ – I use a small pretty glass – for me it’s more about adding a splash of bright yellow color to my tray
Ruby Grapefruit juice
– again use a small glass and enjoy the pretty pink color
– good sautéed in a non-stick pan and then serve topped with a poached egg
– I love grilled tomatoes for breakfast – or hollow out an heirloom tomato and add egg salad and a few basil leaves
– I use the salsa to cook eggs in purgatory for a spicy protein packed start to my day
Obviously if you are going all out for weight loss skip the toast, fruit and the juice and stick to the eggs, caviar, salad, veggies, yogurt and smoked salmon – I promise you this is a recipe for a healthy you. I will be sharing pics as I go and look forward to hearing what you do with these building blocks. Don’t forget to snap that photo before you being – nothing like a before and after pic when it comes to weight loss. Keep me posted – we are in this together.