Get ready to thrill with these Halloween Mummy Dogs – perfect for kids before, during or after trick or treating, especially when dipped in ketchup. And since we are here let’s take a trip down memory lane to Halloweens past…
From last year’s post for Halloween Mummy Dogs:
Are you ready for Halloween? Just a week away and we are all getting very excited. Rémy is a Ghostbuster (obviously) and Minty’s costume is yet to be classified – from Cruella de Vil to Margot Tenenbaum to Eleven – who knows who she will decide upon. The big dilemma facing them is that Halloween falls on a Monday and they feel they should be given the day off on Tuesday! Any excuse for this Mummy to post past Halloween costumes…
Minty as Swan Lake ballerina, Witch and a vampire
Rémy as a pumpkin, Halloween Card, Scooby Doo and My Knight in Shining Armor:And best of all when they were Corpse Bride and Victor:
Halloween Mummy Dog Recipe
Here’s our go to favorite Halloween snack – The Mummy Dog – inspired by Ree Drummond, AKA The Pioneer Woman and her fabulous book – The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations.
Basic dough or store-bought puff pastry
8 Organic Turkey dogs
Milk or egg wash
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough and then cut into thin strips using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
2. Take one strip of dough and start by placing it over the top of the ‘head’ of the frankfurter – going up and over before you start wrapping around, criss-crossing as you go. Leave a gap for the face. I used two strips per dog. Use a little water to stick the ends down.
3. Wrap all the dogs and line up on a baking wrack. Use a little milk or egg to lightly brush the mummies.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate.
5. Dot two little mustard eyes – either use the nozzle on the mustard bottle or a tooth pick.
If you have anyone like Rémy in the house they will be unable to wait for the mummies to cool down – here he is decorating the mummies with ketchup – “for blood Mummy!” Then he bites into a piping hot mummy only to spit out the head because it was too hot!
Decapitated Mummy – perfect for Halloween!
Leave a Reply